It's all about the journey

Sunday, November 02, 2008
















A TREAT!



Halloween is a holiday that I really didn't grow up with. I think I remember trick or treating once growing up and I was already in my early teens I think. I don't know why I never did it. I don't remember if my siblings did it either.

I didn't start thinking about Halloween until we moved to Coeur d'alene, ID. I started to look forward to kids stopping by and seeing their cute costumes. Although, where we lived, we didn't get that many. 10 kids was a considered a good evening.

At our new place in Spokane Valley, WA we live in a new neighborhood with not that many kids. So, we will get a handful and we hoped we would get more each year. This year, the church that i go to now built a community center right behind our house. They had a big halloween function for the kids and it was a huge success! We really thought we would get those kids to come over our neighborhood after that function but we ended up getting less this year! However, I did get two treats. My coworker Charlie brought his family over to trick or treat. Pat's coworker, Rachel, brought her family over too. We did get a handful of kids later which was nice. They are just so darn cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home