It's all about the journey

Monday, October 27, 2008


This is Chance
Chance is the newest member of our family. He joined us in September 2007. He is such a darling. He had been at the Humane Society for 1 year when I met him and fell in love with him. Pat often wonders why I couldn't be happy until I took him home. I believe that when a dog steals a part of your heart, you don't ever feel whole again until you are with him.
Chance came with his set of challenges from being in a kennel for so long. It took months for him and Ivan to get along well but it was possible and we never gave up. I learned a lot about being a dog owner and being the Alpha of the group. I get to decide who what where and when. So, that was part of why Ivan and Chance get along well now.
Now, when I work on my laptop, I have a dog on each side of me. This is their favorite position, curled up and asleep. Chance just looks so cute when he's laying like this. He is a very social dog, likes to hang around the party, where Ivan says his hellos and then retreats to his chair or bed. I love them both and am very thankful for them everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home