It's all about the journey

Friday, October 21, 2005

Happy 10th Anniversary

Here it is, the 10th year of marriage. Is it all it's hyped up to be? All day I thought about the last 10 years of my life with my husband and all I could think of was how much I look forward to the 10 years to come.

It's amazing how I always envisioned something to be and when you're there you just make it exactly the way you want it to be. For example, today we worked, then I scrambled to get an anniversary present for him (something I end up doing each year), I take Ivan for a walk, and then we go to dinner. We did have tickets to see the Lion King next weekend, so that will be another evening of celebration. But tonite, my ideal way to spend the night was to have an intimate dinner with Pat over nice dinner and wine, relax and talk about things close to our hearts.

Now I'm in the bedroom with Ivan and Pat is watching a bit of TV before going to sleep. For the fly on our wall it would seem like another day to him. For me, it was a fulfilling day. A day filled with fond memories of the past, and plans for the future to come. I will go to sleep with my head full of thoughts of tonite.

It was a great evening, one of the better dinners I've had with Pat in a very long time. I love when we can just talk about anything, share about everything. It's nice to reconnect, laugh and be together.

Happy 10th Anniversary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home