It's all about the journey

Saturday, November 22, 2008



A trip to the Vet

For a dog that's not really afraid of much, he is humbled when he goes to the Veterinarian. I feel sorry for Chance when I see his tail tucked between his legs as the Vet examines him. He is fine later and he starts to relax but is still somewhat cautious.

I love the Vet. She seems genuinely interested in Chance and Ivan and she lets me talk about them freely. She also asks questions about them which I love.

The Vet tech cut Chance's nails in front of me this time, with me holding him. I was a bit nervous because he REALLY doesn't like it when I try to cut his nails. But it's amazing that after a few minutes, I guess he realizes he's pretty much trapped. So, he relents and lets us finish the job. Whew. Thank goodness.

All is well. A nail clipping and few shots later, we're headed back home. Oh, by the way, he has gained 4 pounds since I adopted him a year ago in September. (40 - 44lbs.) Aaah, living the good life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home